What should I do if my college is not following Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations?

If your college is not following your Americans with Disabilities Act or ADA accommodations, it depends on where things stand in the process, but ultimately, you should have an experienced attorney advisor take the necessary steps on your behalf. Say, directly at the school as needed with the appropriate school administrators and/or the school's office of general counsel, the school's attorney to put them on notice that this is the concern, and the expectation is that the school address the matter and correct the concern.

If the school is receptive to that, great, that can be a potential outcome. If, say, that were not to be effective for whatever reason, steps could be taken to address the matter through the Department of Education. Steps can also be taken to address the matter in federal or state court as needed.

It's a serious matter when a school does not respect ADA accommodations or say accommodations under Section 504 of The Rehabilitation Act. Having an experienced attorney advisor will be your best ally in terms of addressing such a concern. They'll help you understand and navigate the process and what would be best to take place moving forward to address the concern.

Contact Us Today!


If you, or your student, are facing any kind of disciplinary action, or other negative academic sanction, and are having feelings of uncertainty and anxiety for what the future may hold, contact the Lento Law Firm today, and let us help secure your academic career.

This website was created only for general information purposes. It is not intended to be construed as legal advice for any situation. Only a direct consultation with a licensed Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York attorney can provide you with formal legal counsel based on the unique details surrounding your situation. The pages on this website may contain links and contact information for third party organizations - the Lento Law Firm does not necessarily endorse these organizations nor the materials contained on their website. In Pennsylvania, Attorney Joseph D. Lento represents clients throughout Pennsylvania's 67 counties, including, but not limited to Philadelphia, Allegheny, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Dauphin, Delaware, Lancaster, Lehigh, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Schuylkill, and York County. In New Jersey, attorney Joseph D. Lento represents clients throughout New Jersey's 21 counties: Atlantic, Bergen, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Essex, Gloucester, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Salem, Somerset, Sussex, Union, and Warren County, In New York, Attorney Joseph D. Lento represents clients throughout New York's 62 counties. Outside of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York, unless attorney Joseph D. Lento is admitted pro hac vice if needed, his assistance may not constitute legal advice or the practice of law. The decision to hire an attorney in Philadelphia, the Pennsylvania counties, New Jersey, New York, or nationwide should not be made solely on the strength of an advertisement. We invite you to contact the Lento Law Firm directly to inquire about our specific qualifications and experience. Communicating with the Lento Law Firm by email, phone, or fax does not create an attorney-client relationship. The Lento Law Firm will serve as your official legal counsel upon a formal agreement from both parties. Any information sent to the Lento Law Firm before an attorney-client relationship is made is done on a non-confidential basis.