What should I do if I am accused of academic misconduct at a college or university in Pennsylvania?

If you're a student at a college or University in Pennsylvania, and you're facing an academic misconduct charge, it needs to be taken seriously. Academic misconduct charges come in various forms. Plagiarism, not citing properly on a paper, cheating on an exam. Whatever the charge may be, it needs to be favorably resolved because it can impact both present and future opportunities.

Graduate school, internships, employment, professional licensing opportunities can all be negatively impacted. Different schools in Pennsylvania use different resolution methods. Some schools use a hearing model, some schools use an investigation, some a combination, what's your school's appeal process? because schools are often in a rush to judgment and are not mindful of a student's rights and interest. It's important to understand that. It's also important to have the help of an experienced attorney advisor help navigate the process, help protect the student's rights, because they can potentially help allow for a more favorable outcome.

Pennsylvania colleges and universities where Joseph D. Lento can help as your or your student's academic misconduct advisor during investigations, hearings, and appeals include, but are not limited to, the following schools:

  • Albright College
  • Allegheny College
  • Arcadia University
  • Bryn Mawr College
  • Bloomsburg University
  • Bucknell University
  • Cabrini U