College students in Arkansas have various rights under federal and state laws. When a college or university in Arkansas violates a student's rights, there are recourses. Some of the most common violations of student's rights are under Title VI discrimination in education, Title VII employment discrimination, Title IX sex discrimination, or under the Americans with disabilities act, the ADA reasonable accommodations for documented medical needs.
When there is a violation of a student's rights, there are several different avenues for potential resolution. For a public college or university, you could bring, what's known as a 1983 claim, which is a violation of your rights by a government body. You can also bring a claim by a public college or university under the state administrative procedures act, which specifies how the government must act and the remedies if it does not follow its procedures.
For a public or private school, you also have contractual rights on those school policies, including its code of conduct. You are entitled to rely on these rights and if the school fails to follow the contract, you can bring a claim for breach of contract. It's critical to have the appropriate support when addressing violations of student's rights and having an experienced attorney advisor would be your best ally to do so.
Arkansas colleges and universities where Joseph D. Lento can help address and resolve violations of student rights, include, but are not limited to, the following schools:
- Arkansas Baptist College
- Arkansas Northeastern College
- Arkansas State University Beebe
- Arkansas State University Main Campus
- Arkansas State University Mountain Home
- Arkansas State University Newport
- Arkansas Tech University
- Black River Technical College
- Bryan University
- Central Baptist College
- College of the Ouachitas
- Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas
- Crowley's Ridge College
- East Arkansas Community College
- Ecclesia College
- Harding University
- Henderson State University
- Hendrix College
- ITT Technical Institute Little Rock
- John Brown University
- Lyon College
- Mid South Community College
- National Park Community College
- North Arkansas College
- NorthWest Arkansas Community College
- Ouachita Baptist University
- Ozarka College
- Philander Smith College
- Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas
- Pulaski Technical College
- Remington College Little Rock Campus
- Rich Mountain Community College
- South Arkansas Community College
- Southeast Arkansas College
- Southern Arkansas University Main Campus
- Southern Arkansas University Tech
- University of Arkansas
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- University of Arkansas at Monticello
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
- University of Arkansas Community College Batesville
- University of Arkansas Community College Hope
- University of Arkansas Community College Morrilton
- University of Arkansas Fort Smith
- University of Central Arkansas
- University of Phoenix Little Rock Campus
- University of Phoenix Northwest Arkansas Campus
- University of the Ozarks
- Williams Baptist College
When a college or university in Arkansas violates a student's rights, you must have the necessary backing for a school to make the situation right. Whether subtle or overt, schools often reveal their hand by how they address school-related issues and concerns impacting their students.
This unfortunate dynamic can apply regardless of the nature of the issue or concern – a student may be facing an academic issue, a misconduct charge, or a wrongful dismissal. A student may be experiencing a failure on the school's part to satisfy its obligations to a student. A student may be experiencing an arbitrary or capricious action taken by the school against the student. Regardless of the nature of the matter, any school-related issue or concern must be properly and effectively addressed, and attorney Joseph D. Lento and the Lento Law Firm stand up when the bell rings.
Joseph D. Lento and the Lento Law Firm have squared up against major college and universities across the United States and have won on behalf of their clients. In some instances, school-related issues and concerns can be resolved diplomatically before the need for litigation. In other instances, the Lento Law Firm backs up its rightful demands on behalf of its clients by taking matters to court and suing schools when necessary.
Fighting passionately for the future of his clients at colleges and universities in Arkansas and throughout the nation for many years, Joseph D. Lento knows how important it is to challenge violations of student rights because he understands that a student's academic and professional future is on the line. He does not settle for the easiest outcome, and instead prioritizes his clients' needs and well-being. Joseph D. Lento is a licensed attorney in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York, is admitted as an attorney pro hac vice in state and federal court if needed when representing clients nationwide, and helps clients successfully resolve school-related issues and concerns in Arkansas and throughout all jurisdictions in the United States.
Make certain your voice is heard and your or your student's rights and interests are protected – Contact National Student Rights Attorney Joseph D. Lento today at 888-535-3686 or by completing our online form!