What should I do if I am accused of academic misconduct at a college or university in Massachusetts?

If you're a student at a college or university of Massachusetts and you're facing an academic misconduct charge, you need to take it seriously. Academic misconduct charges come in various forms. It could be plagiarism, not citing properly on a paper, cheating on an exam, collaborating with other students. Whatever the charge maybe, it's not favorably resolved, it can impact you both presently and in the future. Graduate school, internships, employment, professional licensing opportunities can all be negatively impacted. Different schools use different resolution methods, does your school use any investigative model, does your school have a hearing model.

Is it a combination what's your school's is appeal process? It's important to understand your school's resolution method to the T. It's also important to understand that schools are not mindful of student's rights and interest through the process and it can often be in a rush to judgment. An experienced advisor can help navigate the process protect the students' rights and allow for a potentially more favorable outcome.

Massachusetts colleges and universities where Joseph D. Lento can help as your or your student's academic misconduct advisor during investigations, hearings, and appeals include, but are not limited to, the following schools:

  • American International College
  • Amh