Student athletes in Nevada are uniquely situated at their college, university, or high school. Student athletes put their blood, sweat, and tears into their sport and their academics, and that is why it is troubling when they do not receive due process or independent support when charged with a disciplinary violation such as academic misconduct or Title IX sexual misconduct, or are facing an administrative issue with their school, their conference or sports governing body. Coaches, athletic directors, and NCAA administrators, for example, often do what's in the program's or their best interests and not what is in the student athletes' best interest.
Student athletes must have an experienced attorney advocate guide them when a disciplinary or compliance issue arises and the student athlete faces an investigation or administrative proceedings before their Nevada school or sports governing body. Issues unique to student athletes can include sports related dismissals or suspensions, inappropriate or abusive behavior by coaches, eligibility hardship and scholarship issues, transfer disputes, NCAA administrative appeals, and issues related to injuries, concussions, and sports litigation.
You must take the necessary precautions before discussing any issues or concerns with the school or administrators. You must also understand your rights and responsibilities. An experienced attorney advisor can level the playing field and they should be in your corner from as early as possible in the process.
Nevada colleges and universities where Joseph D. Lento can help as your or your student athlete's advisor during investigations, hearings, and appeals include, but are not limited to, the following schools:
- College of Southern Nevada
- DeVry University Nevada
- Everest College Henderson
- Great Basin College
- International Academy of Design and Technology Henderson
- ITT Technical Institute Henderson
- ITT Technical Institute Las Vegas
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Las Vegas
- Morrison University
- Nevada State College
- Sierra Nevada College
- The Art Institute of Las Vegas
- Truckee Meadows Community College
- University of Nevada Las Vegas
- University of Nevada Reno
- University of Phoenix Las Vegas Campus
- University of Phoenix Northern Nevada Campus
- Western Nevada College
Nevada high schools where Joseph D. Lento can help as your student athlete's advisor during investigations, hearings and appeals include, but are not limited to, the following school districts:
- Carson City School District
- Churchill County School District
- Clark County School District
- Davidson Academy School District
- Douglas County School District
- Elko County School District
- Esmeralda County School District
- Eureka County School District
- Humboldt County School District
- Lander County School District
- Lincoln County School District
- Lyon County School District
- Mineral County School District
- Nye County School District
- Pershing County School District
- State Sponsored Charter Schools
- Storey County School District
- Washoe County School District
- White Pine County School District
Student athletes at Nevada schools have more to lose when facing disciplinary or administrative proceedings at their school or with a sport governing body such as the NCAA. Student athletes' academics, eligibility to play, scholarships, and future professional sports opportunities can all be negatively affected by a school's or the NCAA's actions. That is why it is critical to address any school or sport-related issue or concern affecting student athletes as best as possible and Joseph D. Lento and the Lento Law Firm have unparalleled experience passionately fighting for the future of their student athlete clients at colleges, universities, and high schools in Nevada and throughout the nation.
Attorney Joseph D. Lento does not settle for a participation trophy - He fights to win. He also prioritizes the needs and well-being of the student athletes he represents, with an eye towards the unique circumstances of student athletes which must be carefully considered in addressing and resolving school and administrative body issues and concerns.
Joseph D. Lento is a licensed attorney in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York, is admitted as an attorney pro hac vice in state and federal court if needed when representing clients nationwide, and serves as an advisor for student athletes facing disciplinary and administrative cases in Nevada and throughout the nation. Make certain your or your student athlete's rights and interests are protected – Contact National Student Athlete Attorney Joseph D. Lento today at 888-535-3686 for help.