What should I do if I am accused of academic misconduct at a college or university in Montana?

If you're a student at a college or university in Montana, and you're facing an academic misconduct charge, it's important to take the matter seriously. Academic misconduct charges come in various forms, not citing properly on a paper, cheating on an exam, plagiarism. Whatever the charge may be, it needs to be favorably resolved because it can impact both the present and future opportunities. Graduate school, internships, employment, professional licensing opportunities, can all be negatively impacted. Different schools use different resolution methods. Some schools use an investigation, some a hearing, some accommodation. What's your school's appeal process? Unfortunately, schools are often in a rush to judgment and are not mindful of a student's rights and interests through the process. An experienced attorney advisor can help navigate the process and can potentially help allow for a more favorable outcome.

Montana colleges and universities where Joseph D. Lento can help as your or your student's academic misconduct advisor during investigations, hearings, and appeals include, but are not limited to, the following schools:

  • Blackfeet Community College
  • Carroll College
  • Chief Dull Knife College
  • Dawson Community College
  • Flathead Valley Community College
  • For