Do I need to have an experienced lawyer for my university sexual misconduct case?

You absolutely should. If you're accused of sexual misconduct at your college or university, the stakes are incredibly high, both in the short and long-term. You're being accused of potentially egregious misconduct. Whatever the case may be, you need somebody looking out for your interest. You should tell your parents as soon as you hear from the school as to such a concern. You should not try to go it alone. So much is at stake. An experienced attorney advisor who's specifically experienced in college sexual misconduct cases and Title IX cases as applicable is going to best protect your interest throughout the process and can help you navigate also.