Universities in Oklahoma all have codes of conduct. Violating one of the rules that they contain can lead to a disciplinary violation that can tarnish your academic record, and be used against you by potential employers after you graduate.
Protecting your professional and academic reputation by defending against an accusation that you broke your school's code of conduct can make a huge difference for your future. Having a lawyer as your college disciplinary advisor can go a long way.
Code of Conduct Violations in Oklahoma
Every school has its own code of conduct that outlines what is prohibited on campus. While each code is different in its own way, there are sections that all, or nearly all, schools in Oklahoma have in common. In some instances, provisions seem to be identical across numerous schools. Violating any of them, however, can lead to a disciplinary violation that puts a mark on your academic record.
One of the most prominent parts of a college's code of conduct in Oklahoma tends to deal with underage drinking, and with drinking on campus in general. Because underage drinking is so common in college, most schools take a very hard stance in an attempt to keep it from happening. Many schools even prohibit drinking alcohol on campus for adults, as well.
Another unique part of college is hazing and initiation rights, particularly for student groups and fraternities. Since recent hazing episodes that turned fatal or near-fatal, colleges in Oklahoma have taken steps to prevent hazing routines that degrade initiates too much, or that put them into danger. People responsible for activities that go over the line can face disciplinary proceedings.
Academic Misconduct or Cheating
A huge part of a college's code of conduct has to do with academic integrity, as schools in Oklahoma take their reputation as institutions of higher learning very seriously. Violating this part of the code – by plagiarizing, cheating on a test, or altering official school documents – can amount to academic misconduct, which is one of the most serious blemishes you can have on your academic record.
Sexual Misconduct and Title IX Violations
Finally, sexual misconduct is a serious allegation that many students in Oklahoma and the U.S. face at some point during their academic career. Whether for harassment, assault, stalking, or rape, the penalties that you can face if you receive a disciplinary violation for sexual misconduct are severe, and can even end with you being expelled from school. Worse, they can lead to Title IX investigations, which can lead to criminal referrals.
Oklahoma Disciplinary Violation Advisor Joseph D. Lento
Joseph D. Lento is a student discipline defense attorney who knows and understands how much is at stake if you have been accused of a disciplinary violation. Defending against the allegation can ensure you enter the working and professional world on the right foot and keep a costly blemish off your academic record.
Oklahoma colleges and universities where Joseph D. Lento can help as your or your student's disciplinary violation advisor during investigations, hearings, and appeals include, but are not limited to, the following schools:
- Bacone College
- Brown Mackie College Tulsa
- Cameron University
- Career Point College
- Carl Albert State College
- Connors State College
- DeVry University Oklahoma
- East Central University
- Eastern Oklahoma State College
- Family of Faith College
- Hillsdale Free Will Baptist College
- ITT Technical Institute Oklahoma City
- ITT Technical Institute Tulsa
- Langston University
- Mid America Christian University
- Murray State College
- National American University Tulsa
- Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College
- Northeastern State University
- Northern Oklahoma College
- Northwestern Oklahoma State University
- Oklahoma Baptist University
- Oklahoma Christian University
- Oklahoma City Community College
- Oklahoma City University
- Oklahoma Panhandle State University
- Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology Okmulgee
- Oklahoma State University Main Campus
- Oklahoma State University Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- Oral Roberts University
- Redlands Community College
- Rogers State University
- Rose State College
- Saint Gregorys University
- Seminole State College
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University
- Southern Nazarene University
- Southwestern Christian University
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University
- Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology
- Tulsa Community College
- University of Central Oklahoma
- University of Oklahoma Norman Campus
- University of Phoenix Oklahoma City Campus
- University of Phoenix Tulsa Campus
- University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma
- University of Tulsa
- Vatterott College Tulsa
- Western Oklahoma State College
College disciplinary violations can impact an accused student's life if not defended against properly and as early as possible during the disciplinary process, and Joseph D. Lento has a decade of experience passionately fighting for the future of his clients at colleges and universities throughout the nation. He does not settle for the easiest outcome, and instead, prioritizes his clients' needs and well-being. Joseph Lento is a licensed attorney in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York, is admitted as an attorney pro hac vice in state and federal court if needed when representing clients nationwide, and serves as a student advisor and educational consultant to students facing disciplinary cases in Oklahoma and throughout the nation. Make certain your or your student's interests are protected - Contact student defense attorney Joseph D. Lento today.