College students in Oklahoma have various rights under federal and state laws. If a college or university in Oklahoma violates a student's rights, there are recourses. Some of the more common areas for violations are under Title VI, discrimination in education, Title VII, employment discrimination, Title IX, sex discrimination, and under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA, reasonable accommodations for documented medical needs.
If there is a violation of student rights, there are different avenues for resolution. If it's a public college or university, you can bring what's known as a 1983 Claim, which is a violation of rights by a governmental body. At a public school, you can also bring a claim under the State Administrative Procedures Act, which specifies how the government must act and the remedies if it does not follow its procedures.
Whether the school is public or private, you have contractual rights under the school of policies, including its code of conduct. You are entitled to rely on these rights. If the school fails to follow the contract, you can bring a claim for breach of contract. It's critical to have the necessary support to address these violations. An experienced attorney advisor will be your best ally to do so.
Oklahoma colleges and universities where Joseph D. Lento can help address and resolve violations of student rights, include, but are not limited to, the following schools:
- Bacone College
- Brown Mackie College Tulsa
- Cameron University
- Career Point College
- Carl Albert State College
- Connors State College
- DeVry University Oklahoma
- East Central University
- Eastern Oklahoma State College
- Family of Faith College
- Hillsdale Free Will Baptist College
- ITT Technical Institute Oklahoma City
- ITT Technical Institute Tulsa
- Langston University
- Mid America Christian University
- Murray State College
- National American University Tulsa
- Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College
- Northeastern State University
- Northern Oklahoma College
- Northwestern Oklahoma State University
- Oklahoma Baptist University
- Oklahoma Christian University
- Oklahoma City Community College
- Oklahoma City University
- Oklahoma Panhandle State University
- Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology Okmulgee
- Oklahoma State University Main Campus
- Oklahoma State University Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- Oral Roberts University
- Redlands Community College
- Rogers State University
- Rose State College
- Saint Gregorys University
- Seminole State College
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University
- Southern Nazarene University
- Southwestern Christian University
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University
- Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology
- Tulsa Community College
- University of Central Oklahoma
- University of Oklahoma Norman Campus
- University of Phoenix Oklahoma City Campus
- University of Phoenix Tulsa Campus
- University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma
- University of Tulsa
- Vatterott College Tulsa
- Western Oklahoma State College
When a college or university in Oklahoma violates a student's rights, you must have the necessary backing for a school to make the situation right. Whether subtle or overt, schools often reveal their hand by how they address school-related issues and concerns impacting their students.
This unfortunate dynamic can apply regardless of the nature of the issue or concern – a student may be facing an academic issue, a misconduct charge, or a wrongful dismissal. A student may be experiencing a failure on the school's part to satisfy its obligations to a student. A student may be experiencing an arbitrary or capricious action taken by the school against the student. Regardless of the nature of the matter, any school-related issue or concern must be properly and effectively addressed, and attorney Joseph D. Lento and the Lento Law Firm stand up when the bell rings.
Joseph D. Lento and the Lento Law Firm have squared up against major college and universities across the United States and have won on behalf of their clients. In some instances, school-related issues and concerns can be resolved diplomatically before the need for litigation. In other instances, the Lento Law Firm backs up its rightful demands on behalf of its clients by taking matters to court and suing schools when necessary.
Fighting passionately for the future of his clients at colleges and universities in Oklahoma and throughout the nation for many years, Joseph D. Lento knows how important it is to challenge violations of student rights because he understands that a student's academic and professional future is on the line. He does not settle for the easiest outcome, and instead prioritizes his clients' needs and well-being. Joseph D. Lento is a licensed attorney in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York, is admitted as an attorney pro hac vice in state and federal court if needed when representing clients nationwide, and helps clients successfully resolve school-related issues and concerns in Oklahoma and throughout all jurisdictions in the United States.
Make certain your voice is heard and your or your student's rights and interests are protected – Contact National Student Rights Attorney Joseph D. Lento today at 888-535-3686 or by completing our online form!