Title IX of the Education Amendments is a federal civil rights law that prohibits gender-based discrimination against students attending higher education institutions. According to current federal guidelines, Arizona schools are obligated to promptly and fairly adjudicate cases involving gender discrimination.
Title IX has been applied in a broad range of intercollegiate issues throughout the years, but recently, it's most commonly referenced in cases that involve sexual misconduct. Sexual misconduct is occurring at epidemic-like rates on college campuses. If you haven't been living under a rock the past couple years, you've read the stories and you've seen the statistics. In any and all of its forms, sexual misconduct is categorized as gender discrimination. Therefore, when colleges receive word of an incident, colleges and universities generally conduct an investigation, hold a hearing, and enforce disciplinary actions if a perpetrator is found responsible for the alleged sexual misconduct.
Because of pressure from the general public, survivors, and federal entities, schools cannot afford to make the mistake of ignoring or mismanaging cases. Allegations will not be taken lightly, and the stigma these allegations carry will undoubtedly affect all aspects of your life. This is why it's critical for college professors who have been accused of sexual misconduct to seek strong and experienced legal counsel.
Why You Need Representation
The career damage suffered by professors, with or without tenure, can be calamitous. While we believe wholeheartedly that sexual assault is unacceptable under any circumstance, we also believe that accused faculty must also be afforded civil rights and due process under the law.
Sometimes schools don't play by their own rules. In a swing of the pendulum, institutions that were once lax and arguably apathetic in their approach to adjudication are now aggressively pursuing complaints - all due to the Department of Education's letter that subtly threatened to strip funding in schools who ignored victims. Consequently, the repercussions for the falsely accused are life-altering. With the help of a seasoned Title IX defense attorney, college professors can keep their rights intact, hold the school accountable for any inequity, and achieve a fair and impartial trial.
Arizona Title IX Attorney
Even the most organized school system isn't designed to play investigator, judge, jury, executor, and appellate court sexual misconduct charges including harassment and assault. Higher education institutions are bound to make mistakes that can cost innocent people their livelihood, reputation, and even freedom.
If you are a professor at a college or university and have been accused of sexual misconduct in Arizona, it's imperative you retain legal counsel. Experienced Title IX defense attorney Joseph D. Lento has helped professionals in your predicament achieve true justice in what's been labeled a “flawed system” by both survivors and respondents. Contact the Lento Law Firm online or by phone at 888-535-3686.
Arizona colleges and universities where Joseph D. Lento can help as a college professor's Title IX advisor during investigations, hearings, and appeals include, but are not limited to, the following schools:
- American Indian College of the Assemblies of God, Inc.
- Argosy University Phoenix
- Argosy University Phoenix Online Division
- Arizona Christian University
- Arizona College of Allied Health
- Arizona State University
- Arizona Western College
- Brown Mackie College Phoenix
- Brown Mackie College Tucson
- Central Arizona College
- Chamberlain College of Nursing Arizona
- Chandler/Gilbert Community College
- Cochise College
- Coconino Community College
- College America Flagstaff
- CollegeAmerica Phoenix
- Collins College
- DeVry University Arizona
- Dine College
- Eastern Arizona College
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University Prescott
- Estrella Mountain Community College
- Everest College Phoenix
- Everest College Phoenix
- Fortis College Phoenix
- GateWay Community College
- Glendale Community College
- Golf Academy of America Chandler
- Grand Canyon University
- International Baptist College
- ITT Technical Institute Phoenix
- ITT Technical Institute Phoenix West
- ITT Technical Institute Tempe
- ITT Technical Institute Tucson
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Scottsdale
- Mesa Community College
- Mohave Community College
- National Paralegal College
- Northcentral University Prescott
- Northern Arizona University
- Northland Pioneer College
- Paradise Valley Community College
- Phoenix College
- Pima Community College
- Prescott College
- Rio Salado College
- Sanford Brown College Phoenix
- Scottsdale Community College
- South Mountain Community College
- Southwest University of Visual Arts Tucson
- The Art Institute of Phoenix
- The Art Institute of Tucson
- Tohono O'Odham Community College
- University of Advancing Technology
- University of Arizona
- University of Phoenix Online Campus
- University of Phoenix Phoenix Hohokam Campus
- University of Phoenix Southern Arizona Campus
- Western International University
- Yavapai College
Title IX violations and Title IX charges can upend a college professor's career and life if not defended against properly and as early as possible during the disciplinary process, and Joseph D. Lento has more than a decade of experience passionately fighting for the future of his clients at universities and colleges throughout the nation. He does not settle for the easiest outcome, and instead, prioritizes his clients' needs and well-being. Joseph Lento is a licensed attorney in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York, is admitted as an attorney pro hac vice in state and federal court if needed when representing clients nationwide, and serves as a Title IX advisor to college professors facing disciplinary cases in Arizona and throughout the nation. Make certain your interests are protected - Contact National Title IX attorney Joseph D. Lento today.